This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients.
What we collect
• your name;
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• information related to your attendance of, and/or interest in, Serhat Ahmet events, art works and art fairs;
• information in relation to your purchase of our merchandise.
How we collect information about you
• collecting information you give to us when you purchase any stock or visit us at each art fair or visit us at our gallery; and
• your use of the forms on our website or completion of card/forms we may provide in person or by post.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
• provide information about our stock to you;
• keep you informed about art, antiques and events that we think you may find interesting;
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• communicate with you;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
• for security and to check your identity.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your personal details is required to sell and deliver an art work to you and for us to collect payment. If you do not provide this information we will not be able to perform our contract or enter into our contract with you and you may also be in breach of contract. We also require your personal details in order to send you marketing communications – you are not obliged to provide this information to us for this purpose.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
• for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
• for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
• in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where required for certain marketing activities we will obtain consent for this.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Serhat Ahmet’s business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may also share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
Transferring your information outside Europe
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“ EEA“) and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers. This may be in connection with an art fair or where we use certain offshore service providers, typically for IT and marketing services.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer. In general the safeguards we use to protect your personal information are the European Commission’s approved contract clauses, Privacy Shield where applicable and/or ensuring the country is deemed to have adequate protection. Please contact us (details below) if you wish to obtain further information about the safeguards we use for such international data transfers.
At any time, you have the right (which in general is free of charge):
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
• to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address: email@example.com
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise provided us contact information for marketing purposes we may use your personal information to send you information by post or email about Serhat Ahmet events, art fairs, works of art and news. You can unsubscribe from receiving such communications at any time.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail and / or other communication from being sent to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
Where we require your consent in order to send you certain marketing communications we will obtain this.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above, for provenance/authenticity purposes or in relation to any potential disputes or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are entitled to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other sites
Certain features of our site may allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Our website is an online catalogue meant to let you explore our collection of art, antiques and information pursuant to Serhat Ahmet’s business activities. As such our website does not make use of ‘cookies’ which might capture the identity of visitors or trace the identity of visitors or trace their surfing behaviour, either on our or third-party websites.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.